Backyard Shacks, through Ranbuild, manufacture and supply a diverse range of high-quality and attractive Backyard Shacks to provide you with the best quality shack for your needs and at a value for money price!
Choose from our wide range of styles, shapes and sizes built for a range of uses only limited by your imagination. Our Shacks are built tough and with good looks to give a beautiful aesthetic that will match your existing home or standalone within the surrounding environment and will give years of safe, reliable performance and protection.
Backyard Shacks, through their extensive Ranbuild dealer network, can help assist in assessing the best Shack design for your needs. Our dealers can also help with advice on correct wind loads for your region, access heights and entry points, local authority approvals and the build process to ensure you receive the best Shack for your application. All our kit buildings come with comprehensive and detailed construction instructions.
Each Shack comes with complete building kit to lockup stage including frame, cladding, roofing, external doors, windows, roof and wall insulation. Many of our Dealers can provide a complete turn key solution offering a building and construction service as an extension of the supply of your new Shack.
What happens after I sign a contract?
- The first step is obtaining your engineering, which your dealer will provide and usually takes around 24-48 hours. The engineer will specifically sign off on your building to suit your property
- A soil test on the site where your Shack is to be built may be required. This can be sourced by you or your local Ranbuild dealer may be able to assist. (if they offer the service)
- A site plan will need to be drafted up showing the location of the Shack on your property. This needs to be done via an architect or drafts person.
- The DA (development application) if needed, and the BA (building application) which is mandatory need to be submitted through a licensed private certifier, surveyor or Council Certifier. You can undertake these approval processes or with the dealers assistance (if they offer the service). The approval process will also require additional steps such as: energy efficiency rating reports, plumbing and drainage etc. These steps should be discussed with your certifier to obtain what would be required for your local council and or state regulators.
- Once your approval is granted, the manufacture of your Backyard Shack can commence, your manufacture payment would be due and the process started.
- 10 days prior to delivery of your Backyard Shack your delivery payment would be due, and once paid, BlueScope will deliver your new Backyard Shack to your site.
- At this point you should have received all documentation from your dealer, relating to the construction of your Backyard Shack.